Sunday, June 15, 2014

EdTech 506 Personal Introduction Image

To begin the class in EdTech 506 we had to create an introduction image that would give the viewer an idea of who we were via imagery. I chose to construct a basic concept map for myself. In the graphic are eight circles that each contain a key part of who I am as a person. I chose a color scheme of Bronco Blue and Orange for some school spirit. I used basic black and white images for the defining characteristics within each circle. There is a picture of my wife who has been at my side through thick and thin. There is a lamp of knowledge signifying my never ending search for wisdom. The whistle symbolizes my coaching various sports. There is the U.S. army logo signifying my time in life as a soldier. The image with the shapes of states signifies my moving from my home state of California to my adopted state of Tennessee. There is an image of a teacher at the board which would signify my role as an educator. Next there are two pictographs depicting athletics which is a big part of my life. And last but not least is the Boise State University logo depicting my current status as a student here. Each circle has a line attached to the main photo of me in the middle. I used Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks to create the image. I used the rulers and grid lines in Fireworks to get a symmetrical look to the design. I used the image adjustments in Photoshop to create the black and white effect on the photos. Throughout this M.E.T. program, I have been learning the ins and outs of Adobe's tools and I am looking forward to learning more to incorporate into my teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment