Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my EdTech Portfolio! This is where you will find the results of my many projects and other works created throughout my experience in Boise State University's Master of Educational Technology program. 


   Introduction
Click on image for voicethread.
I hail from Clarksville, Tennessee but am a California native. After an eight year stint in the U.S. Army I ended my time in service and earned a B.S. in History and a teaching licensure. I am currently teaching U.S. History and AP European History. I am also coaching football and track.I chose EdTech in order to utilize technology in my classroom and to eventually help support integration of more technology resources at the district level. Today's students are media-driven and as an educator I must respond in kind.
The Right Choice for Me

Being a teacher, coach, and student is very time consuming. One of the main reasons I chose Boise State University's EdTech program was its flexibility. I am able to work when I can and the timelines for assignments thus far have been adequate. I don't lose any time driving to the university. If I need assistance or am troubleshooting, I can generally always count on a classmate or teacher to be available for contact. I can share documents and collaborate with colleagues easily through Google+ and the use of my learning blog. The flexibility offered through EdTech has inspired me to start designing a series of online history courses to offer students that may not be able to fit these types of courses in their schedules. This would be a great way to offer interesting and specialized electives to high school students and could better prepare them for university coursework. 




No comments:

Post a Comment