Sunday, September 15, 2013

Elements of Educational Technology


Here is the link to my Elements of EdTech paper utilizing Google Docs.

Ken Freeman - Elements of Educational Technology


While working on this assignment I realized that much of what I have been doing in the classroom in my recent teaching has resulted in my becoming more of a facilitator of learning than a spoon-feeder of knowledge. Much of this is thanks to technology and better practices. I now find myself instructing students how to discover new knowledge more on their own, whereas starting out as a teacher I had basically given them information to memorize and while we discussed many things in class together, I don't think the students ever had a sense of ownership in what they were doing. That has since changed and both my teaching and my students are better because of it. Like I tell my students and athletes, "If you keep learning new things and avoid making the same mistake twice, you'll become a better person every day."  

No comments:

Post a Comment